Professional Excellence Award
In association with
University of Swahili
The Professional Excellence Award serves to underline the importance of professionals and the fact that, throughout the world, their efforts deserve to be recognised and celebrated. It seeks to acknowledge the impacts of the very best professionals – not only on their sector but on the communities around them.
An inadequate professionalism is a major factor behind the social, political, economic and health issues faced by the world today. We believe a good professionalism has the power to reduce poverty, prejudice and conflict.
Professionals work tirelessly fearlessly to provide a good business with ethics with social responsibility for the society around the world so the status of professional is critically important to our global
future. Professional’s status has a significant impact on recruitment, retention, job satisfaction and performance.
Studies reveal that in many countries, the professional’s status had dropped and the result of these findings lead to the Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Professional Excellence Award as a response with the aim of raising the professional’s profile.
Professional Excellence Award : the impact
We believe the Professional Excellence Award is making a real difference to the profession and having a very positive effect at both a grassroots level and on the global stage.
The Award is open to all currently working professionals who work in any level.
Applicants for the Professional Excellence Award will be judged on a rigorous set of criteria to identify an extraordinary professional who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession. The selection team will look for evidence of a combination of:
- Employing effective professional practices that are replicable and scalable to influence the quality of the profession globally.
- Employing innovative practices that address the particular challenges of the profession, community or country and which have shown sufficient evidence to suggest they could be effective in addressing such challenges in a new way.
- Achieving demonstrable changes or outcomes in the profession.
- Impact in the community beyond the working atmosphere that provide unique and distinguished models of excellence for the working professionals and others.
- Helping subordinates become global citizens through providing them with a values-based education that equips them for a world where they will potentially live, work and socialise with people from many different nationalities, cultures and religions.
- Improving the profession through helping to raise the bar of profession, sharing best practice, and helping colleagues overcome any challenges they face in their working atmosphere.
- Professional’s recognition from governments, national professional organisations, CEO’S, colleagues, members of the wider community or workers.
To apply mail to: